Big change in the kitchen this week! Three days of tile installation yielded this:
We went back and forth about whether to tile all the way up the wall on the window side. I’m so happy we decided to go for it.
Today, the floors got the first of many coats in the refinishing process.
In the front yard, we got plants! First, Laramee laid them out so we could see where they would go and make any changes we wanted.
Today, the guys put them all in the ground.
We’re choosing not to over-plant so it looks a little sparse right now. But all of the plants are either native or drought tolerant and many are fast growing, so it should be a lovely, water wise garden in no time.
Laramee planted these guys in the shape of the Big Dipper. I wonder if anyone will notice. (I didn’t, but I love that he did it!)
We also have lights which right now look a little too shiny for our liking. But they will soon oxidize and have plants growing around them, so they’ll be less prominent. There are also two lights up-lighting the oaks and another that will up-light the yet-to-be-planted Palo Verde tree. The effect is lovely.
The backyard is moving along, too. They installed a broken concrete stepping stone path.
And a small pond for rain collection.
The border for the lawn is in place and the soil is amended and ready for sod. Hopefully they’ll do the planting and sodding next week.
We decided to put off the demolition of the wall for a couple of months until things settle down at work for Bruce. We want the fence to be built before demolition, and it’ll probably be March or April before he has time to build it.